Working at Dagong Europe, part of Dagong Global Group:
• Dynamic and stimulating multicultural environment;
• Opportunities to develop long-term professional growth within a fast-expanding organisation;
• Participating in and supporting the international expansion of Dagong Global Group – the leading Chinese rating agency;
• Strong encouragement for cross-sector knowledge development;
• Great opportunity to increase visibility within the European and Asian financial community;
• Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Responsible as a primary analyst for a portfolio of assigned entities aimed at assignments and monitoring of private and public ratings (banks, insurance corporates);
- Perform in-depth fundamental and credit analysis of the assigned portfolio and present findings on a regular basis to a rating committee;
- Participate in ratings committees and contribute to the identification of financial trends and risks that could have an impact on the credit risk profiles of rated issuers;
- Identification of main industry risk factors, market trends and embodied financial and credit risks;
- Conduct, draft and publish thorough high-quality industry research
- Responde to queries from investors, regulators, media, stakeholders and issuers related to credit risk topics;
- Participate in Dagong Global Group initiatives in its international expansion efforts.
The position reports directly to the Sector Head of Credit Ratings and requires to be based in Frankfurt.
- Entrepreneurial style, creative and innovative to develop key projects across units;
- Flexible and open-minded to be able to interact with different cultures;
- Strong and effective communication skills both written and oral, self-confidence and the ability to present clear and focused arguments to investors and to senior management teams;
- Exceptional writing skills; experience in publishing research reports is a plus (examples of research papers and publications is required);
- Highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and set and achieve objectives under time constraints and to tight deadlines.
Analytical Skills Required:
- 3 to 5 years of direct experience in the European financial market, mostly financial and credit risk analysis of financial institutions (banks / insurance companies) and corporates;
- Sound skills on financial analysis, IFRS/USGaap accounting and fixed income/equity markets expertise;
- Financial accounting and thorough knowledge of how to analyse and drill down through accounting balances/based also in local Gaap and compared to IFRS/USGaap;
- Regulatory knowledge related to the banking and insurance industries in Europe: Basel III; Solvency II, capital modelling and enterprise risk management (ERM);
- Knowledge of global capital markets, financial trends and ability to anticipate risks that could impact the financial and business profile of markets and issuers;
- BS and advanced degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting is required. CFA, MBA will be a plus; Actuarial knowledge or specific actuary studies will be a plus;
- Strong computer skills, in-depth knowledge of Excel environment.
- Bloomberg terminal user knowledge and proven expertise with statistic tools will be a plus;
- Fluent in English, other European language and/or knowledge of Mandarin will be a plus.
Find out more